Sunday 15 November 2009

Philatelic Activity - Bukit Dukong Post Office

Bukit Dukong Post Office had a philatelic activity on November 14, 2009. The post master of Bukit Dukong Post Office, Kak Ros, sms-ed me early in the morning on that day - it was 7 o'clock in the morning and I was still half conscious in my bed, I received her sms! Well, I did go for the activity. The philately unit of Shah Alam Post Office was invited to participate the event. I made some Setem-Ku (personalized stamp). Many old miniature sheets were still on sale, and the boat booklet (issued in 2000) was also on sale. Apart from sale on stamps and Setem-Ku, competition of jigsaw puzzle (picture of a miniature sheet) was held, and quite a number of kids and also adults took part in the competition. The Setem-Ku programme was particular successful as many costumers to the post office couldn't resist to make one or two sheets for their own and loved ones.

the sale of stamps and miniature sheets by the philately unit of Shah Alam Post Office

the person in charge of Setem-Ku busy in his work; standing on the left side is the post master of Bukit Dukong Post Office (Kak Ros)