Thursday 30 December 2010

The Malaysian Philatelist 2010/2

The Malaysian Philatelist 2010/2 has finally come out. I congratulate Philatelic Society of Malaysia on successfully managing this fine journal. In this issue (2010/2) of the journal, I put up a write-up on 2005 bird definitives. The write-up is an update on gum/watermark varieties and serial number of an earlier one published in the same journal (issue 2010/1). Let me know if you are interested in the article, and I could send you a soft copy. The previous article on the 2005 bird definitives will also be provided upon request.

Actually, I wanted to write something about the 2010 Garden Flower National Definitives for the issue 2010/2. However, I was so occupied in October and November that I had to put off my intention. Well, the last two months have been a busy period for varieties/serial number for these Garden Flower National Definitives, and it is actually worth to wait a bit longer to write something more interesting about these national definitives, I guess. I will try my best to contribute an article on these national definitives in the next issue of The Malaysian Philatelist, hopefully.