Tuesday 1 March 2011

I Still Remember............

Among the many miniature sheets issued by Pos Malaysia, World Cup Golf '99 miniature sheet might be considered the most expensive for its catalogue price now (ISC Catalogue price is RM120 but the market price is said close to RM200). This miniature sheet was issued on November 18, 1999 with an official issuing price RM25 (it comes together with a table calender and a FDC of the stamp set). Honestly, it was not a hot item when it was released, and many collectors refused to buy this miniature sheet because the face value of the miniature sheet is only RM2 but the issuing price was RM25.

I still remember on the day of issue that I was so irritated by the issuing price, and I expressed my highly displeasure to the postal staff who was selling the new golf stamps. I registered my anger by telling the postal staff that I was not buying the miniature sheet. Just before I stepped out from the post office, I went back to the counter to give RM25 to the postal staff, and with smile on her face, the postal staff handed me a package containing the miniature sheet..........