Sunday 7 December 2008

Stamp Week 2008

Pos Malaysia was holding the Stamp Week 2008 on 1-7 December, 2008 at Berjaya Times Square, Kuala Lumpur. Stamp Week is an annual event organised by Pos Malaysia. I went to the event on the last day (7 December, 2008). There were still plenty of people flocking to the venue of the event. Two things/items from the event impressed me are the sticker (cinderella) and the stamp & philatelic passport. The sticker containing 7 cartoon drawings of LAT and the Pos Malaysia new logo is definitely attractive. The sticker is given as part of the purchase of the stamp & philatelic passport. The idea of having stamp & philatelic passport for the stamp event is innovative. I quite like this idea. It is the second passport released by Pos Malaysia. The first passport was released for the Stamp Week 2007. I bought myself two stamp & philatelic passports (2008). The price for a stamp & philatelic passport (without stamps) is RM5.50.

There was a quiz open to public (correct answers will be rewarded with some goodies). I finished stamping the passports and some covers, and therefore, I took part in the quiz. I got myself some answers correct (got some goodies)...... and I wanted to answer more questions but the staff refused to let me answer because she said that I had already grabbed too many goodies :)

cinderella given as part of the purchase of stamp & philatelic passposrt

the cover of the passport

pages 6 and 7 of the passport

pages 8 and 9 of the passport

pages 10 and 11 of the passport

pages 12 and 13 of the passport