Monday 21 February 2011

2011 - Highland Tourist Spots

Pos Malaysia released the second stamp issue for year 2011 on February 21, 2011. Four stamps depicting popular tourist spots in Malaysia were issued - Penang Hill (50s), Cameron Highlands (60s), Mt. Mat Cincang (90s) and Kundasang (RM1). Pos Malaysia also released a set of four maxicards for this issue.

Note added on February 22, 2011
I kind of have visited to all the places depicted on the stamps. I was at Penang Botanic Garden in 1984. The Penang Botanic Garden is located at the foothill of Penang Hill, but I didn't go up to Penang Hill. The last time I visited to Cameron Highlands (up to Mt. Beringchang) was in September 2008. I was at Cameron Highlands for dragonflies! I visited to Mt. Mat Cincang in August 2007. I took the cable car to go up to Mt. Mat Cincang. I was thrilled to overview the historical and turbulent Adaman Sea from Mt. Mat Cincang. I was at Mt. Mat Cincang also because of dragonflies! The last time I passed through Kundasang was in November 2010. I was passing through Kundasang on my way to Imbak Canyon for dragonflies as well! It looks like my life is all about dragonflies.... I live with dragonflies and I will die with dragonflies....hehehehehe