Sunday 13 March 2011

My Machins

I developed my interest in collecting machin stamps when I was in the UK (1995-1998). I was a bit naive about the machin stamps, and I used to call them as queen-head stamps. I learned about the word "machin" when I ventured into collecting them in serious manner. I started collecting them as single stamps, and then I ventured into collecting cylinder blocks. For some reasons I stopped totally the collecting of machin stamps in 2005. I supposed the very strong Pound Sterling (1GBP = >RM6.5) and the higher stamp denomination being issue had put me off. Though now the Pound Sterling is much weaker (1GBP = RM4.8), the stamp denomination being issued is still on the rise ever since. I'm glad that I've stopped collecting machins since 2005. Sometimes, I felt that I could do better if I didn't start collecting machins at all.....