Tuesday 28 August 2012

Royal Visit Stamp Issue

If you visit to Pos Malaysia website to check up the stamp issue programme 2012, you may notice that a stamp issue on "Royal Visit - Prince William and Kate Middleton" will be released on 13 September 2012.

Well, I personally think that this stamp issue is "out of place". I ask myself if the visit of the royal couple is so important for our country that a stamp issue needs to be released to commemorate this event. Honestly, Pos Malaysia could have done better to come out a stamp issue for commemorating our Olympics Games athletes.

Nevertheless, Pos Malaysia is doing right thing in the perspective of business because for sure the Royal Visit issue would be hot among stamp collectors from local and overseas. I am sure that non-stamp collectors would also most likely jump into the "orgy" of grabbing up the stamps. I hope I am proven wrong.....

I am learnt that two different stamps, each with denomination RM1.50, would be released for the stamp issue. Apart from that, a miniature sheet with a denomination RM5 would also be released. If this is true, then for the very first time Pos Malaysia releases stamp with denomination RM1.50. Actually, I like this denomination stamp because one single stamp is enough to send a 20-gm letter to Europe.