Tuesday 28 April 2009

Perforation Variety - Waterlilies 2002

The occurrence of perforation varieties in modern Malaysian stamps is tremendously frequent. I'm going to depict one weird perforation variety in the miniature sheet (MS) of waterlilies (aquatic plant issue) released on May 11, 2002. I bought a few copies of this MS during the time of release. A few years later, I played with the MS to find perforation and watermark varieties. To my surprise, these waterlily MS have weird perforation varieties (two types). The difference in perforation occurs on the horizontal perforation of the RM2 stamp in the MS. Both the varieties have P12 perforation for the RM2 stamp. At a closer look, however, one MS has slightly larger size of RM2 stamp than the other one resulting from the additional one pin hole on the larger one. The smaller RM2 has 25 pin holes on the horizontal perforation whereas the larger one has 26. I'm not sure which one is less common. Anyway, I'm delighted to be informed which one you posses.

the MS containing two stamps with denominations RM1 (Eichhornia crassipes) and RM2 (Nymphaea pubescens)

the top one with 25 pin holes and the bottom one with 26 pin holes