Friday 8 January 2010

Irish Beautiful Dragonfly Stamps

I always fancy dragonfly stamps because I do research on dragonflies/damselflies. I discovered a new dragonfly species (Chalybeothemis chini) from Tasik Chini, Pahang two years ago. I have three more new damselfly species to be published this year.....

Well, I spotted these dragonfly stamps and miniature sheet of Ireland from internet a couple of months ago. They are just gorgeous, and I went to the Irish Post website to purchase online these stamps and miniature sheet. The stamp set was issued on October 16, 2009. One dragonfly (Libellula quadrimaculata) and three damselfly (Coenagrion lunulatum, Pyrrhosoma nymphula and Calopteryx splendens) species are depicted on the stamps and miniature sheet. All these species are found in Ireland. You may click here to know more about the dragonflies and damselflies of Ireland.


from left to right: Coenagrion lunulatum, Pyrrhosoma nymphula and Libellula quadrimaculata

Calopteryx splendens