Monday 26 April 2010

2010 - Medical Excellence

I went to post office to buy new stamps which were issued today (April 26, 2010). I bumped into a fellow stamp collector who happens to visit to my this blog regularly. He commented that I have not updated my blog for a few days, and he can't wait to read my next blog entry. Yeah, he is right that the last update was done on April 22, 2010. Anyway, I find blog writing on philately is fun, and it makes my stamp collecting more colourful and more feeling...... :) And, of course, it feels good to know that there are people who care what I feel about philately :)

OK, back to today subject - new stamp issue. Yeah, Pos Malaysia issued a set of three stamps on topic of medical excellence. Three "great" acheivements on medicine by Malaysia are portrayed on stamps - limbal stem cell deficiency (30s), premaxilla retractor (50s) and arm transplant (RM1). I'm not going to talk much about these acheivements, but I would rather to talk about philately of these stamps. There is a Malay translation of arm transplant (pemindahan lengan) in RM1 stamp. However, no Malay translation is give to stamps 30s and 50s. Nevertheless, the first day cover brochure does have a Malay translation of 30s limbal stem cell deficiency as kekurangan sel stem limbal. How about the 50s premaxilla retractor? Well, let me do a bit of Malay translation for Pos Malaysia - retraktor pramaksila..... hehehehehehe