Thursday 29 April 2010

Philately Journal - Variable

Today I received a copy of the latest (April 2010) issue of Variable - a philately journal on franking labels published by ATEEME based in Spain. Variable is a quaterly bilingual (Spanish and English) journal. I received a copy of the latest issue of the journal because I contributed partially to the article on PAM of Malaysia. Yes, there is a long article (8 pages) on PAM of Malaysia with a lot of nice illustrations/pictures and good information.

It is shame that the Malaysian Philatelist did not come out with an article on PAM on its last issue (December 2009), and I am not sure the coming issue (due in June 2010) would have a write-up on PAM. I had communicated with the editor of Malaysian Philatelist some time end of last year on the matter of write-up of PAM for the December 2009 issue, and I was told that someone had planned to write about the PAM. When the December 2009 issue came out, however, I did not find PAM write-up..... I did mention to the editor that there are some stories/write-ups should be given priority than the others. One of the stories should be given priority is PAM.