Monday 9 August 2010

Maxicards from Australia Post

I went through my collection of covers and cards, and I found these two elegant maxicards. I think I bought these two flora maxicards from Australia Post in 2002 through online ordering. Australia Post is one of the few postal authorities to produce official maxicards on regular basis. Sometimes, how much I wish Pos Malaysia aslo produces official maxicards from time to time (Pos Malaysia did produce official maxicards in one occassion - Mountains of Malaysia). This will definitely save us time from chasing and looking for concordant postcards for making maxicards. Well, I think many serious maxicard collectors will disagree with me on this point :)


The two maxicards below portray waterlily and lotus flowers. The stamps were issued on August 6, 2002, joint issued with Thai Post. Recently, Pos Malaysia issued a lotus flower stamp, and a few maxicard collectors in Malaysia have created beautiful maxicards on lotus.



waterlily (Nymphaea immutabilis)

lotus (Nelumbo nucifera)