Wednesday 8 June 2011

Self Grumbling

I read a very excellent blog on Malaysia banknotes. The collector (blog owner) displays his collection of Malaysia banknotes in the blog, showing all kinds of things - replacement notes, complete prefix series, the first and last prefix of a design, the last prefix of the replacement note of a particular design, solid number, low number, bundles of 1000 notes starting from number 00000001 to 00001000..... I don't know why I felt like vomiting after reading all these things as I said to myself wtf this guy (and also other serious banknote collectors) is so particular on these Malaysia banknotes. I would just collect one note for one design if I were into collecting banknotes. He is also grumbling about misleading banknote catalogue on prices and rarity..... I have got enough of these!!!

Wait... thinking on my stamp collecting, ain't I also doing the same things? I fuck around with serial number, perforation, watermark, gum type, flaw, error, reprint, original print, overprint.... and wtf I am doing with these stupid things of stamps!!!!! Why can't I ignore these nonsenses, and just collect one copy for one design....