Tuesday 14 June 2011

I Couldn't Believe Myself......

I went to local post office to purchase new stamps (Virtues) on June 13, 2011. I only bought 10 sets of the stamps! I couldn't believe myself that I only bought 10 sets..... it was for the very first time in the past 12 years that I bought very few stamp sets for new issue. I remember I could simply buy up to 100 sets of stamps for many stamp issues a few years back! The record high number of stamp set I ever bought was the Tiger Joint Issue, of which I bought more than 1000 sets!

I sent out two first day covers to my friends from overseas using two sets of the stamps I bought. I also used one set of stamps to put on a few plain covers sent to a friend in Thailand. I put one set in my stamp album. The left over was just six sets! So, I have extra six sets of the stamps. Yes, just extra six sets only! I could use one or two sets in near future for sending letters....