Saturday 24 July 2010

Beautiful Stamps of Hong Kong

I've been writing on Malaysia philately for the past one week. Well, this entry is a bit of change - non-Malaysia philately. I'm showing you a cover from Hong Kong and some Hong Kong stamps. This cover is so simple and clear, and I just love it. I particularly love it because the cover is franked with a frog stamp cancelled with a clear handstamp of GPO Hong Kong dated on July 15, 2010. The frog stamp is part of the four-stamp set issued on July 15, 2010. Actually, I asked a Hong Kong friend to buy me this stamp set including the miniature sheet, and use the frog stamp on the cover when sending to me. I told him not to send me first day cover, because I dislike first day covers. The stamp set also contains a dragonfly stamp. Dragonfly stamps are also my favourite. In fact, I have been indulging myself most weekends on photographing dragonflies and damselflies. I own another blog on dragonflies/damselflies (click here to visit to the blog).


a cover franked with frog stamp cancelled on July 15, 2010

the miniature sheet containing the four stamps on biodiversity

I love this dragonfly stamp

I also love this frog stamp