Tuesday 20 July 2010

PSM Journal - The Malaysian Philatelist

Philatelic Society of Malaysia (PSM) owns a periodical known as The Malaysian Philatelist - two issues per year, comes out in June and December. I received the lastest issue of The Malaysian Philatelist two weeks ago (see the cover image below).




I contributed an article in the lastest issue of The Malaysian Philatelist. I wrote about the serial number, and gum and watermark varieties of the bird definitives. The bird definitives were issued on May 14, 2005. Since then, plenty of reprints have emerged and these reprints are indicated by serial numbers on the top margin of the 100-stamp-sheet. I compile the serial number and watermark-gum varieties into a checklist (see the table below). The checklist may not be exhaustive but it provides a good start for update and improvement. Please feel free to contact me if you have something not mentioned in the checklist.





Please kindly let me know if you need a soft copy of this article.


Choong, I. 2010. 2005 bird definitives - five years on. The Malaysian Philatelist. pp. 9-14.